Thursday, April 26, 2012

Here we go

We are about to start on an incredible journey.  Tonight we will go to our orientation class for becoming foster parents.  We are excited. Speaking for myself, excited and overwhelmed and nervous and happy and anxious and excited and excited some more.  It feels a little like being pregnant.  We know our family is about to change but we don't know exactly how.  I find myself at the store strolling down the baby area or thinking in my head of ways to sooth a distressed toddler who doesn't know us.  I haven't bought anything yet, okay well almost nothing.  I found a crib bumper the other day for 2.99, and I loved it, so how can a person say no to three dollars.  The wanting to buy things reminds me of when J and I were pregnant with Princess and he had her baby swing put together and in our living room just waiting for her arrival.......her arrival that wasn't to happen for another eight months.

Once we settled on a yes about fostering I began looking on line for a blog to read.  Something I could relate too.  Something more personal than the foster agency sites that I couldn't tear myself away for during late hours of the night. 

I couldn't find just what I was looking for. 

What I wanted was a blog that started right at the beginning.  To read about the joys and fears of someone else as they went through the process of being certified.  To hear about their anxiety or feelings of inadequacy at taking on something so huge.  I wanted to see how other peoples kids felt about adding new little ones.  I just wanted to read it all.....

So that's just what this blog will be.   Our journey......

No comments:

Post a Comment