Monday, April 30, 2012

two-by-two....or three or four or five or six

The system is in need of people to take sibling groups.  Unfortunately the sibling groups have a tendency to be large.  Sometimes very large.  I thought it over and I can handle two more kids.  What's five, right.  J is still undecided.

I know my childhood wasn't as bad as some kids but I do think if I had had enough sense to talk about what was going on we would have been taken away.  I mean really, who thinks it's a good idea to drink and drive every time you drive, especially when you have kids in the car.  There are other things as well but that's not what this post is about.  I had already felt fine about taking on two kids but when my mind traveled back and I thought about what would that have been like, being taken from my parents, and separated from my brother.  The only thing that could have brought me any peace would have been being able to stay with my Bubba..  I would have felt safe with him.  Those thoughts and feelings make me really want to take two in hopes that we would be able to get siblings.  We couldn't take a whole broad but maybe we could take two out of a sibling set......

No comments:

Post a Comment