Thursday, June 28, 2012

Because I am a stay at home mom I have the privilege of getting to be a part of field trips and such.  I love kids, am slightly a kid myself, so I think field trips rock!  Little Man's class took a trip to the zoo (not long after we made our decision to become foster parents) and I got to go along.  I had a group of Little Man, another boy and two girls.One of the girls I already knew from previous visits and I had heard about the other girl.  Little Man told me about her first day of school and things he mentioned made me wonder if she was in kinship foster care. 

I was so excited to get her in our group to have a chance to get to know her.  Boy did she talk my ear off.  I didn't have to ask her anything to find out her back story she just shared it all.  I had the hardest time not crying and keeping a straight face as she shared parts of her life.

Although I couldn't fix her life for her I felt blessed to be able to share a day with her, to give her an ear to listen to, a hand to hold and a neck to hug.  Not so excited about my arm being used as sweat rag over and over....

Hoping our paths will cross next school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment