Monday, July 9, 2012

Well that's wasn't all that bad

We had our interviews with our case worker today.  Since we were having it in our home I made some planned activites for the kids to try and keep them busy.  They did really well.

I had the case worker and another lady shadowing her follow me up to our room to do the interview.  I figured having them up there would keep the kids from answering questions for us again.  I sat on the egde of my bed facing the workers while they sat on our love set, all the while wringing my hands and trying to remind myself not to rub my ear (nervous habit, what can I say, it soothes me).  To sum it up, it wasn't bad at all.  She just asked some question refering to some paper work we filled out.  We finished up in thirty minutes and then on to J's turn.

We found out tonight that our worker A likes us as well.  She told us after she met us the first time she told her boss she just had to have our case.  That just thrills me.  I was just telling J that I wanted to be personable with her.  I figure if she is going to showing up at my home unannounced then we should be more than acquaintances.  I am trying to convince her that our neighborhood really rocks and she and her husband should stop looking and just move near us!

I don't know how much sense any of this made.  I am on a "our home interviews went great and A really likes us" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment